The Latin word for "advent" means "the coming."
"The advent season was instituted as a time of fasting for holy living, and it remains a time of inward preparation for the commemoration of the coming of Christ....it's a month to be still." (from Preparing My Heart for Advent by Ann Marie Stewart.)
I marvel at Ann Marie's words. I don't know about you, but I have not been fasting. And I've been anything BUT still most days.
And yet.
I am preparing for Him, even in my busyness. This year there is a lightness, and a non-panic in my preparations. Times with Him, often in the early morning or late at night, are sweet. There is a contentedness in my exhaustion. Life is being lived to the fullest, and I am experiencing His peace.
My life is so not storybook perfect, and there are challenges on every side. But there is also joy and hope.
Luke 2:8-14
8 In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened.
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;
11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
12 “This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment